Peer Review!
I had the opportunity to check what my other classmates worked on and filmed. I commented on both Kimora's and Desiree's film posts and they had some interesting and well done shots.
Kimora's Video
For example, Kimora had an a close-up that really showed the intimacy between the character and the flower. The scene evoked tranquility, as the person in scene gently smelled the delicate flower. The close-up really allowed the viewer to focus on the interaction between character and object, making the scene more personal and emotional.
This scene is very similar to my extreme close-up, in which I film a person gradually opening their eyes and changing posture. One of the only thing that sets us apart is that Kimora's close-up was too brief, not allowing viewers enough time to feel what's in the moment. By making the scene longer, the emotions last longer as well. I'd say this is one of the only video's from Kimora that wasn't as good as mine.
Desiree's Video
I also commented on Desiree's POV shot, in which two people were seemingly talking down to the camera, or the viewer. This scene was pretty well made, as it genuinely felt as if they were directly talking towards me! Unfortunately, the emotions from this shot come from the low angle of the camera, not so much the point of view of the shot. The angle low angle of the two girls makes their appearance bigger, with more influence and power. This adds to the effect and emotions because with the low camera angle, they both physically and figuratively 'talking down on you'.
This is somewhat similar to my low angle shot, as they both utilize the same movement. However, my low angle shot didn't convey such emotions as Desiree's POV shot. Since mine only showed the character's large size in comparison to his environment, whereas Desiree's POV shot showed the characters large size in comparison to the viewer, giving the viewers the feeling of insignificance or being subordinate. I'd say Desiree did a better job than me on this camera shot since she was better able to convey emotions, and not just actions.
Comments
Post a Comment