Final Project Concept
In this blog post, I will describe our concept of a plot for our final project.
Our opening sequence to our film will be set in the horror genre. The main premise of the opening is that the protagonist of the film is being followed by a suspicious character while traveling back home at night.
Most of the film will be recorded from the pursuer's perspective, following the protagonist. There will also be shots that include both characters and their interactions to convey turning points in the plot.
In the beginning, the protagonist enters their vehicle to drive home. As soon as the car leaves, another car in the distance turns on and follows them. They eventually arrive at the protagonist's house and the pursuer manages to sneak in without being noticed. The pursuer manages to catch up with the protagonist with sinister intent until the climax reveals that the pursuer was making a surprise for protagonist's birthday.
I'm pretty excited because I have a feeling this project will be fun to film. I find the plot interesting and the plot twist pretty funny, and look forward to being those emotions out when we film it. I'm also excited to work with my project partners and see how we can put our minds together to make this opening sequence live up to its expectations.
Much like the photo shown above, there are many was to film the same scene. Depending on what's included in the mise-en-scene, different shots evoke different moods and focuses for viewers to interpret. I mention this because one challenge we'll come across in this project is filming it in a way that brings out the mood & feeling we're looking for. This gives the director a lot of creative opportunities when it comes to filming a scene.
I'm a little concerned over the execution. The setting of the opening is at night, meaning were going to have to find time out of the end of our day to meet up and film this. It'll be difficult since we all have work to do at different times, and if we do manage to film, we would have limited time out of the night to film as much as we can so it can be compiled in post. This shouldn't be a big deal if we properly plan things out.
Comments
Post a Comment