Sound Design for Film Project
In this blogpost, I will give a brief explanation of the process behind composing some sounds and music for our film project.
I was tasked with composing some sounds and a soundtrack for our film to work around copyright issues. I used FL studios, which is shown above. I essentially started off by trying to make some Foley or using stock sound effects to enhance auditory aspects of our film. Using sound effects like light switching were easy, but a little more difficult would be heartbeats and heavy breathing. Luckily, we managed to use the sound effects to enhance the horror feel of the film.
Along with this, I wanted to make a short clip of some background music that would fit the tone and fill in scenes that didn't have that much background noise. We decided to use a low pitch Cello, and I used FL Studios to make a demo of what the soundtrack could sound like. My other partners liked the demo and decided to use it anyways since we were running out of time to finish the film. If we had more time, I most likely could have made a simple soundtrack that matched the scenery and have multiple instances of sound bridging to help with immersion.

Comments
Post a Comment